Away with the Fairies workshops in the Budding Bloomers area will show children how to make their own fairy garden.
Five simple steps on how to make a fairy garden:
- Select a suitable container, a shallow planter or terracotta pot is ideal and add stones or broken pots at the bottom for drainage, then fill with potting compost.
- Choose your plants, how many will depend on the size of the container, herbs or alpines are ideal, then plant into your pot.
- Pick out a fairy house for your garden, these come in all shapes and sizes from fairy castles to toadstool shaped solar fairy house, then place into your garden.
- Create pathways in your garden using coloured gravel (aquarium gravel is ideal), you can also create mini fencing from sticks to put along your pathways.
- Add miniature accessories to your garden, you can buy everything from tiny ponds and bridges to washing lines and picnic furniture, have fun creating a magical mini-scene that will attract fairies into your garden!
Play, Learn and Grow! Bord Bia’s Bloom has always been a great day out for children, and this year is no exception! Budding Bloomers has a vibrant mixture of features to keep children entertained and active, from toddlers to fifth classers.